Hello my little one,
Last night we went to see dr Burger again for our check-up. He checked that the blood flow in the umbillical cord was sufficient and that you were growing well, and, no surpises, you are growing beautifully. You didn't pick up as much weight as last time, and you measure your right age now, but that's ok, as long as you stay put! I've been getting contractions again, due to an infection, but we are so alert now, that we could catch it early and start antibiotics. Shame my angel, I've been taking so many anitbiotics that I just hope it doesn't hurt you. But it's all to make sure that you stay inside, because believe me, it's much better in there! Our next appointment is on the 4th, where the docter will do an in-depth check of your heart. I'm sure all will be fine again!
So we are getting your brother's room ready, making it into a big boy room, and moving all the stuff that you will need into our room. I wish I could show you all the cute things you have received already! Ouma bought you lots of baby-grows, my favourite of which is one that says "Daddy, Mommy, My big brother, Me" pointing to fishies in different sizes. She also bought you a new pram and a car seat!!! Granny also said that they bought you a special crib, all the way from Dubai, and that there is a box of goodies on its way for you from Cape Town! Wow, what would we do without the help of others. I think I can safely say that you are a very blessed little boy. You are going to be born into a family with a wealth of knowledge to share. Ohpaw will teach you all about history and the stars, grampy about helicopters and machines, granny about caring for people, and ouma about reading people. Your dad will show you so many things that's new and exciting, take you on fishing trips and teach you all about the ways of men. I will do my best to teach you values and discipline, and your big brother, well, I'm sure he'll try and undo all the discipline I try to teach, ha-ha, but he'll protect you and make sure you are safe, as well as teach you all the new tricks he's learnt.
I can't wait to welcome you, to see your face, to hold you (but I can wait 8 more weeks, so don't get any ideas). I love to feel you move around inside me. You are so big now, that some movements take my breath away, literally, but it is such a wonderful feeling! Your little jabs have now turned into body parts dancing inside me. I love you so much already, words cannot describe.
So for now my little one, hang on inside there, and we'll patiently await your arrival when you know you are ready.
Love you tons.
Mom
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ai ek's tog so bly dat jy en jou ma nog kans sien om as een mens deur te gaan. Ek kry jou ma soms jammer as sy so moeilik loop, kan nie lank sit nie ens. Ten spyte daarvan kan ek sien sy is elke dag bly dat jy nog 'n bietjie kan groei.Dankie tog dat God en al sy genade en wysheid na julle omsien.
Lief jou en die ander drie baie
Dearest Noah
Oh my word, so much love already generating from your mom. She is really proud of you for being such an obedient little chap and staying put. Eight weeks is not long and you can be sure that it will do you the world of good to stay in the safety of your mum's boep and your big brother calls it. We are all eagerly awaiting your arrival to meet you but we will be patient. Love all four of you very much and plenty of hugs and kisses from us. May God continue to keep you, your parents and your big brother safe in his loving, tender care. God Bless
Granny and Grampy
Dearest Noah,
Your mommy is SO right when she said that you will be born into a family with a wealth of knowledge. True, I can teach you about astronomy, mythology, etc. Your Grampy ... well, he's just one of the finest persons I know. I vaguely suspect he INVENTED helicopters. Your Granny is love personified. Your Ouma is a very special lady - I should know, but I'll tell you later WHY I know. And then, of course, there's your dad. He is more fun than a barrel of monkeys and a very well-informed man - I love him like he's my own son! Your ouboet Caden? Well, he's got the world at his feet!
But here's the bad news my boy. Neither I, your Grampy, your Granny, Ouma, Dad or any other person - past or present will ever be able to explain to you ANYTHING about women. The best I can do is repeat a quote I read somewhere. Women, "A Riddle Wrapped in a Mystery inside an Enigma!"
Love you plenty,
Oh-Paw
Post a Comment