Hello my little one,
As I explained to your brother, I'm so sorry for not writing in such a while, but you'll get use to the exam times that seem to take over mommy's life for about a month every semester.
Well, while your brother was in Cape Town, we got to spend lots of time together, but I could see how much you were missing him, and it turns out I was right. Granny told me you almost flew out of Rosie's arms when you saw him again, and didn't stop kissing (yes you can kiss) him! Then I went to Cape Town and I was away from you for 3 whole nights!!!! It was terrible! I missed you and your brother so incredibly much! Luckily granny and grampy was here to look after you boys, so my heart was at ease. Anyway, we are all together again and now the holidays and fun begin!
Okay, so you can leopard crawl, and it doesn't seem like you are interested at all in actually crawling...looks like you just want to stand. You can also wave, which is sooooo cute! But you outright refuse to say "mamma", sticking to "dadda" "babba" "pah" and some other random noises. I'm not taking offence just yet, he he! You have 3 toofies, two at the bottom and one eye toof on the top left.
Due to some consumption of pool water, I believe, you have had two courses of anti-biotics for two instances of throat infection....whoops. You LOVE your food and will stick just about anything in your mouth. I have had to rescue you a couple of times from actually trying to swallow an entire piece of dried mango...dunno if I rescued you or the poor mango, he he. You also LOVE Elmo...as in, to actually taste her. I don't know where she got the patience from, but plenty of times I've seen you leopard crawl your way to her and actually pull yourself up by her ears or lips or whatever, to give her a little lick. She doesn't snap or bite, she just licks you back, he he. You've even had a little taste of her paws while she was trying to have a nap...poor Elmo.
Ok, so now, to the heading! We had the beautiful honour of Gerhard doing your Christening on Sunday the 7th of November. Now this is really special as Oom Gerhard married dad and I, married Ouma and Uncle Koevoet, and Christened your big bro. Now, Oom Gerhard was diagnosed with cancer a very short while back, and in fact, was only discharged from ICU about 3 weeks prior to your Christening. I was very sad at the thought of him not being able to Christen you, as he has played such a big part in our lives. But by the grace of God, he found the strength and agreed to deliver his beautiful message. It was about human nature and forgiveness, and how we as parents should know that we will fail sometimes and that our children will fail sometimes, but the trick is to get up, forgive and try again. It was really special, and a proud day for dad and I. Thank you so much Oom Gerhard for making this day just as special as all the big days you have been involved in for our family.
Anyway my angel, I think that's a whole mouth full for now, so I'll leave you to digest. Know that I love you always and every day I wake up with a smile knowing that I have all this love to give and receive.
Love you!
Mom

3 comments:
Hello my little Angel Pie
You look soooo cute on the photos. You are growing so quickly and getting more and more cute by the day. I just love that little smile with the big dimple. Counting the days when you will also be able to come and spend a holiday in Cape Town with us just like your big brother. I miss you guys so much and just long to be near you.
Lots and lots of love
Hugs and kisses
Granny
Dearest Noah,
You are an absolutely beautiful little boy, and your Oh-Paw loves you very much 9EVERYBODY LOVES YOU VERY MUCH!)
Lots Love
Oh-Paw
Dearest Noah,
You are entering a time of the year which have never experienced before, so I want to tell you a story which I hope will teach you something about the spirit of Christmas. This is it:
TWO WOLVES
One evening a grandfather put his grandson on his lap and told him of the battle that rages within us all.
He said, “My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.
“One is Evil – It is anger, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
“The other is Good – It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.”
The grandson thought about this for a while and then asked his grandfather:
“Which wolf wins?”
The grandfather simply replied, “The one you feed.”
“Never be concerned about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they’re all 30 feet tall.” – Larry Wilde
Love you!
Oh-Paw
Post a Comment