My Birthday Ticker!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

2 Week Check-up

Hello my not so little one,

We went for your 2 week check-up with dr Vermaak today, and yay, you are weighing 2.8kg already (your brother only weighed that at 3 months)! He showed me your chart and said you are growing extremely well with a line that runs almost vertical! They did, however, measure you incorrectly at birth because you are only 47cm now (he measured 3 times tp make sure), and they said at birth you were 48cm, so unless you shrank (which is highly unlikely, but not impossible, lol) we have to assume that they messed up at birth a bit. So you are also a shorty like your boetie. Otherwise all is perfectly fine, with the exception of a little eye infection. We got drops for it though so I'm sure it'll clear up soon.

As for your regular day to day antics? You seem to have an "episode" every night from about 19h00 - 23h00, not eating well, or at least, eating every hour with lots of cramps and winds in between. But besides that, you are very content for the rest of the day, even giving me a 4 hour stretch at night! You are very strong and able to lift your neck and turn it when lying on my chest already. Your leggies can also push up and stretch nicely, which might just be a sign of some hectic colic on the way, but oh well, at least you're getting some excercise. Your face is changing from something that closely resembles an old man, to a very cute little baby's. I personally think you look like dad if he had to come from the Theron family (if that makes sense). It's been awesome getting to know you and I love every minute that I get to spend with you, even if it is mostly just feeding.

Anyway my angel, I hope you have sweet dreams and I'll probably see you in about 15 minutes for feeding again.

Love you lots!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Precious Noah
My but you are such a little cutie pie. You are growing so nicely and glad that you are gaining weight. Must me mummy-moo milkies that is so wholesome. We thank God for keeping you safe and together God and your parents are doing an awesome job. Your Big Brother Caden brags about you every time I speak to him telling me that Baba drink and Baba slaap and Baba has a "bersie". He is very proud of you just as we all are. Continue to grow as lovely as you are. Sleep tight now again and God Bless.
Lots of love, hugs and kisses to all four of you.
Gwanny

Oh-Paw said...

Dearest Noah,
Oh-Paw found this little poem and I want to share it with you, because I think that's expresses how we all feel:


A Baby is a Miracle

This little tiny baby
Was sent from God above
To fill our hearts with happiness
And touch our lives with love
He must have known
We'd give our all
And always do our best
To give our precious baby love
And be grateful,glad and blessed

Love you 2 brazilians
Oh-Paw